Business Plan Outline
Try to make your business plan as complete and concise as possible.
It should be approximately 40 to 50 pages plus appendices.
A good rule of thumb on what to include would be: If it will affect the organization or performance or your business, include it.
- Company Name.
- Date the plan was prepared.
- Company Name, address & telephone number.
- President's / Owner's name.
- One or two page summary of the entire plan.
- History of Company.
- Current Status.
- Value to User.
- Property Status.
- Overview of entire industry and industry trends.
- Facilities & fixed assets.
- Scheduling and purchasing strategies.
- Labor force.
- Research & development.
OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Form of ownership.
- Operational flow chart.
- Overview of market and market forecasts.
- Marketing strategy & schedule.
- Sales strategy, pricing & customers.
- Current financial statements.
- Capital required.
- Intended use of capital.
- Terms of financial proposal.
- Photo or sketches of product or service.
- Published material about the industry.
- Market studies.
- Samples of advertising & promotions.
- Statements of intent.
- Contracts from customers.
- Distribution plan.
- Manufacturing flow chart (if applicable).
- Management flow chart.
- Documentation of proprietary status.
- Resumes & reference of management and principals.
- Current financial statements and copies of the past three (3) years tax returns of the principals.
Small Business Assistance Center 116 Saint Andrews Drive, Avondale, PA 19311